[Ironruby-core] problem

Ivan Porto Carrero ivan at flanders.co.nz
Wed Mar 18 17:16:17 EDT 2009


sometype.to_clr_type.name :)

you can look in the ninject stuff I did.. i bet it has a lot of the stuff
you will need for your windsor dsl



2009/3/18 Nathan Stott <nrstott at gmail.com>

> Excellent.
> Thanks for your help, guys.
>
> I'm now able to use IronRuby for my windsor registration DSL.  I'm very
> pleased so far.
>
> I have one other question, how can I take a clr type and get its clr name?
>
> When I do this:
> sometype.to_clr_type.class.name
>
> I always get System::RuntimeType
>
> 2009/3/18 Tomas Matousek <Tomas.Matousek at microsoft.com>
>
>>  Yes, this was the right list – we don’t have any other.
>>
>>
>>
>> Tomas
>>
>>
>>
>> *From:* ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org [mailto:
>> ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org] *On Behalf Of *Nathan Stott
>> *Sent:* Wednesday, March 18, 2009 12:55 PM
>> *To:* ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
>> *Subject:* Re: [Ironruby-core] problem
>>
>>
>>
>> Good call Ivan.
>>
>>
>>
>> The LoadAssembly apparently was doing the trick!
>>
>>
>>
>> Thanks for the help.
>>
>>
>> BTW, was this the right mailing list for this question?  Is there a users
>> mailing list?
>>
>>
>>
>> 2009/3/18 Ivan Porto Carrero <ivan at flanders.co.nz>
>>
>> If so turn off shadow copy assemblies under Resharper -> options -> unit
>> testing
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 8:22 PM, Ivan Porto Carrero <ivan at flanders.co.nz>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Are you using resharper for your unit tests?
>>
>>
>>
>>  2009/3/18 Nathan Stott <nrstott at gmail.com>
>>
>> I dont know if this helps, but this is the full output of the test:
>>  ComponentLoaderRegisteringComponentContext.ShouldRegisterComponent :
>> Failed
>>
>> CT_INIT: Object
>>
>> UPDATED: Object                                             CreateInstanceSingleton        affected=1     rules=0
>>
>> UPDATED: Object                                             CreateInstanceSingleton        affected=1     rules=0
>> CT_INIT: File::Constants
>> CT_INIT: IO
>> CT_INIT: File
>>
>> UPDATED: Object                                             CreateInstanceSingleton        affected=1     rules=0
>> MT_INIT: Kernel
>> MT_INIT: Object
>> MT_INIT: <anonymous>
>> MT_INIT: Module
>> MT_INIT: Class
>> MT_INIT: <anonymous>
>>
>> UPDATED: Object                                             CreateInstanceSingleton        affected=5     rules=1
>> MT_INIT: <anonymous>
>>
>> LOADER: Loading assembly 'Motorpool.Calendar.Web.Test, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and type ''
>> MT_INIT: Symbol
>> MT_INIT: Enumerable
>> MT_INIT: Hash
>> MT_INIT: Microsoft::Scripting::Actions::TypeTracker
>> MT_INIT: Microsoft::Scripting::Actions::TypeGroup
>>
>>
>> System.InvalidOperationException: can't convert Castle::Core::ComponentModel into Castle::Core::ComponentModel
>>
>> at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , RubyMethodScope , Object , Object
>> )
>> at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute3<T0,T1,T2,TRet>(
>> CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2) in
>> C:\git\ironruby\ndp\fx\src\Core\Microsoft\Scripting\Actions\UpdateDelegates.Generated.cs: line 509
>> at ℑℜ;component;;10;(Closure , Object , Proc , Object )
>> at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , RubyScope , Object , Hash )
>> at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute3<T0,T1,T2,TRet>(
>> CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2) in
>> C:\git\ironruby\ndp\fx\src\Core\Microsoft\Scripting\Actions\UpdateDelegates.Generated.cs: line 509
>> at ℑℜ;#;;0;(Closure , Scope , LanguageContext )
>> at Microsoft.Scripting.Runtime.LegacyScriptCode.Run() in
>> C:\git\ironruby\Merlin\Main\Runtime\Microsoft.Scripting\Runtime\LegacyScriptCode.cs: line 43
>> at Microsoft.Scripting.SourceUnit.Execute() in
>> C:\git\ironruby\Merlin\Main\Runtime\Microsoft.Scripting\SourceUnit.cs: line 239
>> at Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ScriptSource.Execute() in
>> C:\git\ironruby\Merlin\Main\Runtime\Microsoft.Scripting\Hosting\ScriptSource.cs: line 138
>> at Motorpool.Calendar.Service.ComponentLoader.Load(IWindsorContainer
>> container, TextReader reader) in ComponentLoader.cs: line 64
>> at Motorpool.Calendar.Web.Test.ComponentLoaderRegisteringComponentContext
>> .ShouldRegisterComponent() in
>> ComponentLoaderRegisteringComponentContext.cs: line 26
>>
>>
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 1:55 PM, Nathan Stott <nrstott at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I tried that and no luck.
>>
>>
>>
>> It doesn't seem that the assembly is not being loaded properly.  I'm able
>> to use methods on the objects fine in the script.  However, it is that last
>> call to the $container.Register(ComponentRegistration.new(model)) where for
>> some reason it won't work.
>>
>>
>>
>> ComponentRegistration.new() takes a ComponentModel.  The error seems to
>> indicate that it is receiving a ComponentModel even with the same namespace
>> prefixes but somehow it's not able to use it.
>>
>> 2009/3/18 Ivan Porto Carrero <ivan at flanders.co.nz>
>>
>>
>>
>> You can try using the LoadAssembly method on the runtime object
>>
>> runtime.LoadAssembly(typeof(IWindsorContainer).Assembly);
>>
>> that should require the assembly a little nicer
>>
>> I think you can also use load_assembly 'Castle.Windsor'
>>
>>
>> http://github.com/casualjim/ninject-dynamic/blob/0b531d9e3ae46cc3e8549c9cfc078a8c27e5dda7/src/Ninject.Dynamic/RubyEngine.cs#L166
>>
>> http://github.com/casualjim/ninject-dynamic/blob/0b531d9e3ae46cc3e8549c9cfc078a8c27e5dda7/src/Ninject.Dynamic/RubyEngine.cs#L142
>>
>> http://github.com/casualjim/ninject-dynamic/blob/0b531d9e3ae46cc3e8549c9cfc078a8c27e5dda7/src/Ninject.Dynamic/RubyEngine.cs#L90
>>
>>
>>  2009/3/18 Nathan Stott <nrstott at gmail.com>
>>
>>
>>
>> I'm using the hosting API.
>>
>>
>>
>> This is the entire method:
>>
>>                 public void Load(IWindsorContainer container, TextReader
>> reader)
>>
>>                 {
>>
>>                             var runtime = Ruby.CreateRuntime();
>>
>>                             ScriptEngine engine = Ruby.GetEngine(runtime);
>>
>>                             var ctx = Ruby.GetExecutionContext(runtime);
>>
>>                             ctx.DefineReadOnlyGlobalVariable("container",
>> container);
>>
>>
>>
>>                             string header =
>>
>>                                         @"require 'Castle.Windsor'
>>
>> require 'Castle.MicroKernel'
>>
>> require 'Castle.Core'
>>
>>
>>
>> ComponentRegistration =
>> Castle::MicroKernel::Registration::ComponentRegistration
>>
>> ComponentModel = Castle::Core::ComponentModel
>>
>> Parameter = Castle::MicroKernel::Registration::Parameter
>>
>> Component = Castle::MicroKernel::Registration::Component
>>
>>
>>
>> def component(options)
>>
>>     throw :classIsRequired if !options.has_key?(:class)
>>
>>
>>
>>     klass = options[:class].to_clr_type
>>
>>
>>
>>     if options.has_key?(:service)
>>
>>                 service = options[:service].to_clr_type
>>
>>     else
>>
>>                 service = klass
>>
>>     end
>>
>>
>>
>>     if options.has_key?(:name)
>>
>>                 name = options[:name]
>>
>>     else
>>
>>                 name = klass.class.name.underscore.lowercase
>>
>>     end
>>
>>
>>
>>     model = ComponentModel.new(name, service, klass)
>>
>>
>>
>>     if options.has_key?(:parameters)
>>
>>                 parameters = options[:parameters]
>>
>>                 parameters.each do |p|
>>
>>                             model.Parameters.Add(p.key, p.value)
>>
>>                 end
>>
>>     end
>>
>>
>>
>>     $container.Register(ComponentRegistration.new(model))
>>
>> end";
>>
>>
>>
>>                             ScriptSource headerSource =
>> engine.CreateScriptSourceFromString(header);
>>
>>                             headerSource.Execute();
>>
>>
>>
>>                             string containerScript = reader.ReadToEnd();
>>
>>                             ScriptSource source =
>> engine.CreateScriptSourceFromString(containerScript);
>>
>>                             source.Execute();
>>
>>                 }
>>
>>     }
>>
>>
>>
>> 2009/3/18 Tomas Matousek <Tomas.Matousek at microsoft.com>
>>
>> How do you run this script? >From command line (ir.exe script.rb) or do
>> you use hosting API?
>>
>>
>>
>> Tomas
>>
>>
>>
>> *From:* ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org [mailto:
>> ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org] *On Behalf Of *Nathan Stott
>> *Sent:* Wednesday, March 18, 2009 8:33 AM
>> *To:* ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
>> *Subject:* [Ironruby-core] problem
>>
>>
>>
>> Hi all.  I have a question that probably belongs on a users mailing list
>> but I could not find one.
>>
>>
>>
>> I get the following error when trying to use my IronRuby windsor
>> registration script:
>>
>> *
>> System.InvalidOperationException: can't convert Castle::Core::ComponentModel into Castle::Core::ComponentModel
>> *
>>
>>
>>
>> I assume this has something to do with the fact that newing up an object
>> in IronRuby isn't the same thing as newing it up in C#.
>>
>>
>>
>> Any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated.
>>
>>
>>
>> Here is the important IronRuby code:
>>
>>
>>
>> require 'Castle.Windsor'
>>
>> require 'Castle.MicroKernel'
>>
>> require 'Castle.Core'
>>
>>
>>
>> ComponentRegistration =
>> Castle::MicroKernel::Registration::ComponentRegistration
>>
>> ComponentModel = Castle::Core::ComponentModel
>>
>> Parameter = Castle::MicroKernel::Registration::Parameter
>>
>> Component = Castle::MicroKernel::Registration::Component
>>
>>
>>
>> def component(options)
>>
>>             throw :classIsRequired if !options.has_key?(:class)
>>
>>
>>
>>             klass = options[:class].to_clr_type
>>
>>
>>
>>             if options.has_key?(:service)
>>
>>                         service = options[:service].to_clr_type
>>
>>             else
>>
>>                         service = klass
>>
>>             end
>>
>>
>>
>>             if options.has_key?(:name)
>>
>>                         name = options[:name]
>>
>>             else
>>
>>                         name = klass.class.name.underscore.lowercase
>>
>>             end
>>
>>
>>
>>             model = ComponentModel.new(name, service, klass)
>>
>>
>>
>>             if options.has_key?(:parameters)
>>
>>                         parameters = options[:parameters]
>>
>>                         parameters.each do |p|
>>
>>                                     model.Parameters.Add(p.key, p.value)
>>
>>                         end
>>
>>             end
>>
>>
>>
>>             $container.Register(ComponentRegistration.new(model))
>>
>> end
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Ironruby-core mailing list
>> Ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
>> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/ironruby-core
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Ironruby-core mailing list
>> Ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
>> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/ironruby-core
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Ironruby-core mailing list
>> Ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
>> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/ironruby-core
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Ironruby-core mailing list
>> Ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
>> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/ironruby-core
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Ironruby-core mailing list
>> Ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
>> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/ironruby-core
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Ironruby-core mailing list
>> Ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
>> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/ironruby-core
>>
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Ironruby-core mailing list
> Ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/ironruby-core
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/ironruby-core/attachments/20090318/cf7a83e9/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Ironruby-core mailing list