[Ironruby-core] Status of rubygems unit tests

jirapong.nanta at gmail.com jirapong.nanta at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 13:48:35 EDT 2009


Hello Shri,
	Following is a result from my laptop.

	1. Getting latest source and build with rake successfully (I did clone)
	2. try first test with MRI
	C:\rubygems>ruby.exe c:\rubygems\test\test_gem.rb
	Loaded suite c:/rubygems/test/test_gem
	Started
	...................................................
	Finished in 15.828000 seconds.

	51 tests, 79 assertions, 0 failures, 0 errors, 0 skips 

	3. I have to change c: to C:  in gem_test.rb because error

	c:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/pathname.rb:709:in `relative_path_from':  
different prefix: "c:/" and "C:/" (ArgumentError)
         from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/minitest-1.3.1/lib/ 
minitest/unit.rb:17
         from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/ 
custom_require.rb:31:in `gem_original_require'
         from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/ 
custom_require.rb:31:in `require'
         from C:/rubygems/gem_tests.rb:3 

	4. run ruby c:\rubygems\gem_tests.rb get result: 728 tests, 1714  
assertions, 13 failures, 229 errors, 4 skips
	5. SET GEM_PATH=C:\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.8
	6. edit unit.rb line 47 and location e method
	7. run ir.exe gem_tests.rb result: 728 tests, 1130 assertions, 4  
failures, 415 errors, 4 skips

my gem env
RubyGems Environment:
   - RUBYGEMS VERSION: 1.3.1
   - RUBY VERSION: 1.8.6 (2007-09-24 patchlevel 111) [i386-mswin32]
   - INSTALLATION DIRECTORY: c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8
   - RUBY EXECUTABLE: c:/ruby/bin/ruby.exe
   - EXECUTABLE DIRECTORY: c:/ruby/bin
   - RUBYGEMS PLATFORMS:
     - ruby
     - x86-mswin32-60
   - GEM PATHS:
      - c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8
      - C:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8
   - GEM CONFIGURATION:
      - :update_sources => true
      - :verbose => true
      - :benchmark => false
      - :backtrace => false
      - :bulk_threshold => 1000
   - REMOTE SOURCES:
      - http://gems.rubyforge.org/ 

Thank you,
-Jirapong

On Mar 18, 2009, at 1:04 PM, Shri Borde wrote:

> Hi Jirapong, It will be great to pair up with you to push on getting  
> RubyGems tests working with IronRuby. I have written up the  
> instructions for running the tests at http://www.ironruby.net/index.php?title=Documentation/How_do_I_install_additional_gems%3F 
> . Can you build IronRuby (http://wiki.github.com/ironruby/ironruby  
> has instructions, and we are trying to improve it, so do let us know  
> if there are any rough edges), and then walk through the steps to  
> get to the same number of failures. Once both of us have the same  
> setup, we can split up the failures for investigation. Let me know  
> if you run into problems and I can help you through it.
>
> Thanks,
> Shri
>
> From: ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org [mailto:ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org 
> ] On Behalf Of jirapong.nanta at gmail.com
> Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 12:13 AM
> To: ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
> Subject: Re: [Ironruby-core] Status of rubygems unit tests
>
> Hello Shri,
>             I would like to help on this.
>
> please include my email/IM:
> + msn: jirapong at msn.com
> + Skype: jirapong.nanta
>
> Thank you,
> -Jirapong
>
> On Mar 17, 2009, at 1:10 PM, Shri Borde wrote:
>
>
> I have been working on making  the rubygem unit tests (from git:// 
> github.com/vvs/rubygems.git) pass with IronRuby. When I started, the  
> results looked like this.
>
> 707 tests, 1170 assertions, 9 failures, 352 errors, 1 skips
>
> Half the tests (9+352/707) were failing (or half were passing  
> depending on how you want to look at it). The main culprits were  
> Zlib::GzipWriter, YAML.quick_emit and Zlib::Deflate. After fixing  
> these issues, the results look like this:
>
> 707 tests, 1881 assertions, 40 failures, 53 errors, 4 skips
>
> It’s a good improvement. Errors (where the tests cannot even run  
> properly) account for 8% (53/707), and failures (functionality  
> defects) can now show through – in 5% (40/707) of the tests, for a  
> pass rate of 87%. The errors are because of the following exceptions  
> in descending order of occurrence. The number at the start is the  
> count of how often the error happened.
>
> 9: dump format error(9)
> 8: ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.
> 5: dump format error(8)
> 5: marshal data too short
> 4: uninitialized constant OpenSSL::X509
> 2: uninitialized constant OpenSSL::PKey
> 2: trying to seek on a non-existent stream?
> 2: ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.
> 2: SSL is not installed on this system
> 2: SocketError: An established connection was aborted by the  
> software in your host machine
>
> I will keep pushing on the tests. The failures will be a bit more  
> work to narrow down as some expectation fails, possibly much after a  
> bug introduced a bad result in the system. If anyone wants to help  
> dig into the failures, let me know, and I can help you get set up.
>
> Thanks,
> Shri
>
> _______________________________________________
> Ironruby-core mailing list
> Ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/ironruby-core
>
> _______________________________________________
> Ironruby-core mailing list
> Ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/ironruby-core

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/ironruby-core/attachments/20090319/af2f2e1a/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Ironruby-core mailing list