[Ironruby-core] Typeof ??

Tomas Matousek Tomas.Matousek at microsoft.com
Thu Mar 5 17:59:21 EST 2009

IMyInterface.to_clr_type should work.

Tomas

From: ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org [mailto:ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org] On Behalf Of Orion Edwards
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 1:59 PM
To: ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
Subject: [Ironruby-core] Typeof ??

Having another go at some WCF stuff again.

I have a C# method that accepts a type. I want to pass it an interface.

interface IMyInterface;
public void DoStuff( Type t );

DoStuff( typeof(IMyInterface) );

>From the ruby side, I'm importing both IMyInterface and DoStuff from C#, I just want to call the method from ruby.

When I do this:

do_stuff( IMyInterface );

I get "can't convert Module into System::Type"

If I try pass in a class, I get the similar "can't convert Class into System::Type"

So, is there a way to get a .NET Type from a ruby object, particularly an interface/module? (it is a real .NET type as it's loaded from a C# dll)

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.