[Ironruby-core] Comparing CLR strings and Ruby strings - a slightly surprising behaviour

Tomas Matousek Tomas.Matousek at microsoft.com
Thu Mar 5 17:41:17 EST 2009

Ruby uses back-ticks for shell strings, so it doesn't seem to be more obvious that the value is CLR string.
I agree it's not blatant. It's a small hint that should help you to distinguish the types. CLR strings will have most of the methods Ruby string have (except for mutable ones) so the difference is not so important in most scenarios.

Tomas