[Ironruby-core] Typeof ??

Orion Edwards orion.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 16:59:09 EST 2009

Having another go at some WCF stuff again.
I have a C# method that accepts a type. I want to pass it an interface.

interface IMyInterface;
public void DoStuff( Type t );

DoStuff( typeof(IMyInterface) );

>From the ruby side, I'm importing both IMyInterface and DoStuff from C#, I
just want to call the method from ruby.

When I do this:

do_stuff( IMyInterface );

I get "can't convert Module into System::Type"

If I try pass in a class, I get the similar "can't convert Class into
System::Type"

So, is there a way to get a .NET Type from a ruby object, particularly an
interface/module? (it is a real .NET type as it's loaded from a C# dll)

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.