[Ironruby-core] ironruby-dev.zip

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Tue Mar 3 23:55:12 EST 2009

Currently, it's a little hard to find your way around the github repository. To make our crazy directory structure manageable from the command line, the DLR and Languages teams have a developer bat file which sets up paths and helpful aliases to make jumping to important directories and building easy. It was not initially included in the IronRuby github repository because of aliases for non-applicable things. However, in an effort to make life easier when working out of github, I've extracted meaningful aliases here:

Extract the contents into the root of your local repository, and run dev.bat to initialize your environment. This will give you msbuild on your path if you have the VS SDK installed, and give you aliases to navigate the tree and build IronRuby and IronPython (see alias.txt). Currently the Silverlight build aliases don't work, but that'll be fixed shortly.

Unfortunately xbuild doesn't quite work to build for Mono, so you'll have to stick with rake compile. I'd be open to having dev.bat detect the platform and load a alias file for building on Mono.

These will be added to the github repository shortly, but it requires some refactoring in our internal repo to make sure the aliases work in both places.