[Ironruby-core] Magic - a new project for ironruby-contrib

Thibaut Barrère thibaut.barrere at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 12:09:21 EST 2009

I extracted a gem called Magic from my IronRuby UI experiments.

It's on GitHub here: http://github.com/thbar/magic/tree/master with a
decent README (also see the main spec here:

Roughly, it makes it quite easy to build Windows Forms (including
controls and menu_items), with sugar for CLR enums, class names,
properties and handlers.

It's also compatible with non-menu-items/controls stuff, like the
BackgroundWorker (I'll upload more samples later on).

My rough guess is that it will be useful to much more than Windows
Forms UI building (including WPF, Silverlight, or any nested object

I hope you'll like it!

Before I release this as a gem (through GitHub), I'd like to ask - do
you like the name (Magic) ? I thought about switching to MagicCandy to
make it easier to google.

any feedback will be most appreciated,

-- Thibaut