[Ironruby-core] silverlight 3 question

Ivan Porto Carrero ivan at flanders.co.nz
Sat Jun 27 04:32:36 EDT 2009

I've tried to do the same in C#

           var wc = new WebClient();
           wc.DownloadStringCompleted += (s, e) => Message.Text = e.Result;
           wc.DownloadStringAsync(new Uri("http://google.com"));

Which actually gives me the same result but I do get to see the error once
in a while. It's saying something about SecurityException.
So I went on and tried fetching the page it with a webrequest

var wr = WebRequest.Create("http://google.com");
            wr.BeginGetResponse(ar =>
                                    {
                                        var req = (WebRequest)ar.AsyncState;
                                        var resp = req.EndGetResponse(ar);
                                        using(var sr = new
StreamReader(resp.GetResponseStream()))
                                        {
                                            var result = sr.ReadToEnd();
                                            Message.Text = result;
                                        }
                                    }, null);

This last approach also fails because AsyncState is null.
Have I lost my mind? Am I doing something wrong or is it Silverlight?
---
Ivan Porto Carrero
Blog: http://flanders.co.nz
Twitter: http://twitter.com/casualjim