[Ironruby-core] Question about Ivan Porto carrero MVC Sample

Ivan Porto Carrero ivan at flanders.co.nz
Tue Jun 23 12:46:09 EDT 2009

Asp.net MVC has the ability to add view engines
Each view engine defines a bunch of search patterns, and you can configure
the location of the views but the convention is views so I'd stick with that
:)
When you request the view "index" the controller will ask the view engines
collection if it can find a view with that name in a location
/views/controllername/
The first view that matches the file name like index.html.erb or index.aspx
also selects the view engine. From there on the view engine reads the file
and executes it, after setting a bunch of variables that can be used in the
view script like the view data dictionary.

---
Ivan Porto Carrero
Blog: http://flanders.co.nz
Twitter: http://twitter.com/casualjim