[Ironruby-core] Dynamic Binding fails if abstract event not implemented

Kevin Radcliffe lists at ruby-forum.com
Tue Jun 23 11:19:07 EDT 2009

Ivan Porto carrero wrote:
> I've been meaning to ask this for a while now.
> Can I implement an event that is defined on an interface because
> whichever
> way I try it just won't work.
> public interface IHaveAnEvent { event EventHandler SomeEvent; }
> class EventImplementor
>   include IHaveAnEvent
>   # what now? I can't find any test cases for interface to see how it
> can be
> done.
> end
> ---
> Ivan Porto Carrero
> Blog: http://flanders.co.nz
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/casualjim

I was trying to implement an interface to use OpenRasta from IronRuby
and ran into the same thing.
Received the same error as Xerx did above, and assumed it was just a
limitation of the language at the moment.
Would be great if we can implement the add_SomeEvent handlers at some
point though.

For now I voted for the CodePlex issue Tomas pointed out above.