[Ironruby-core] Accessing open-uri from the same directory

Mohammad Azam lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Jun 17 13:48:35 EDT 2009

I am using ir command to run it. It is all ruby code.

I went to the
C:\ironruby\ironruby\Merlin\External.LCA_RESTRICTED\Languages\Ruby\redist-libs\ruby\1.8
folder and run the following code:

require 'open-uri'

it asked for stringio (not sure why it was missing) so I placed it in
the 1.8 folder and ran again and it worked. But now when I use the same
files for my project libs/stringio.rb it does not work.

C:\IronRubyProjects\IronRubyTaskListApplication>ir main_form.rb
:0:in `require': no such file to load -- uri (LoadError)
        from ./libs/open-uri.rb:1
        from main_form.rb:4
        from :0:in `require'