[Ironruby-core] Command line Option Parsing broken

Will Green will at hotgazpacho.org
Wed Jun 17 12:48:16 EDT 2009

Hot on the heels of my blog post about getting Cucumber working with
IronRuby, I've discovered that some change in the last 2 weeks has caused
igem to stop parsing command line arguments correctly. The problem is that
it sees arguments like --bindir as the name of a gem to install, rather than
a command line argument. I came to this conclusion be attaching the debugger
at %MERLIN_ROOT%\Languages\Ruby\Libraries.LCA_RESTRICTED\Builtins\IoOps.cs to
the running ir.exe process.

This doesn't stop Cucumber from installing; you just omit the command line
args, but the executable wrappers get installed to %MERLIN_ROOT%\Bin\Debug,
which, as I pointed out, gets clobbered every time you recompile.

I have filed a bug report on Codeplex:
http://ironruby.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=1585

Let me know if any more detail would be helpful.

--
Will Green
http://willgreen.mp/