[Ironruby-core] Accessing open-uri from the same directory

Shay Friedman lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Jun 17 00:11:46 EDT 2009

Hi Mohammad,

It happens because open-uri tries to load the uri library and it fails
to find it.

I couldn't reproduce this behavior on my end...
The uri library should be located at
<path_to_merlin>\External.LCA_RESTRICTED\Languages\Ruby\redist-libs\ruby\1.8\uri.rb
Is there a chance you're changing the $LOAD_PATH array?

By the way, why would you want to copy the open-uri lib to your
application directory? The standard library folder is a part of the file
lookup paths, so no matter where your application is installed to, the
standard libraries (like open-uri) will still be available.

Shay.