[Ironruby-core] Accessing Enumeration in IronRuby

Jim Deville jdeville at microsoft.com
Tue Jun 16 12:47:30 EDT 2009

Not sure what you mean. For .NET methods on most types, we mangle both ways. You can call deep_pink or DeepPink. There are certain CLR classes (ones that map to Ruby Builtins) that don’t mangle to avoid conflicts, but for the most part, it is up to the developer.

That said, I prefer to stick with what I see as the Ruby community coding standards:

·         2 space indent

·         snake_case method names

·         parenthesis for method definitions

·         no parenthesis for method calls unless it is chained or ambiguous

And others listed on this page http://www.caliban.org/ruby/rubyguide.shtml

JD

…there is no try