[Ironruby-core] Cucumber status

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Sun Jun 14 14:42:55 EDT 2009

Thanks for the post! It will be very useful to people wanting to use it. Mind if I put something similar on the “Real Ruby applications and libraries” page? http://ironruby.net/Documentation/Real_Ruby_Applications

I have comment about the last section:
SUPER IMPORTANT NOTE!
Any time you rebuild IronRuby, the C# compiler will erase the contents of the directory C:\Development\IronRuby\Merlin\Main\Bin\Debug. This includes the cucumber and cucumber.bat files. The only way I know to rectify this is to igem install -–no-rdoc -–no-ri cucumber once again.
To avoid doing this, just have people create the cucumber.bat/cucumber files in Merlin/Main/Languages/Ruby/Scripts/bin, where all the other files like that are (rails.bat, rake.bat, etc). I believe that directory already copies to a build’s $(TargetDir), but if not you can either just add it to the path or make it copy.

~js