[Ironruby-core] More Interop Qs (Out, Ref and Structs)

Shay Friedman lists at ruby-forum.com
Tue Jun 9 12:01:39 EDT 2009

Hi there,

I've got a few more questions regarding interop scenarios:

1. What happens with out parameters in methods? Currently when I try to
use them I get an error:
:0: can't convert String into
System::Runtime::CompilerServices::StrongBox[System::String] (TypeError)

2. What happens with ref parameters? it doesn't throw an error but it
doesn't change the value as well.

3. Structs - they are mapped to Ruby classes, but I can't create new
instances of them using the new method. How should it be done?

Thanks and sorry for the question flood :)
Follow me: http://twitter.com/ironshay