[Ironruby-core] Basic interoperability question

Jim Deville jdeville at microsoft.com
Sun Jun 7 14:49:09 EDT 2009

Require 'mscorlib' is not as essential anymore. If you run ir -e "puts System::String.class" it will wolrk just fine. I still use require 'mscorlib' in my scripts tlo signal to other programmers that this scrpt will use .NET interop, but I don't think it is needed.

I'll let Tomas answer the second part, and clarify my answer if needed.

JD

....there is no try
Sent from my phone. Please excuse typos and txtspk.