[Ironruby-core] Basic interoperability question

Jim Deville jdeville at microsoft.com
Sun Jun 7 14:49:09 EDT 2009

Require 'mscorlib' is not as essential anymore. If you run ir -e "puts System::String.class" it will wolrk just fine. I still use require 'mscorlib' in my scripts tlo signal to other programmers that this scrpt will use .NET interop, but I don't think it is needed.

I'll let Tomas answer the second part, and clarify my answer if needed.

....there is no try
Sent from my phone. Please excuse typos and txtspk.