[Ironruby-core] something has changed

Ivan Porto Carrero ivan at flanders.co.nz
Sat Jun 6 09:23:47 EDT 2009

Since this weeks updates to ironruby ironrubymvc is completely broken.

The way overloads are selected now is different.

for example asp.net mvc has a bunch of methods defined on Controller that
are protected internal ie. protected internal void View(string, string)
it also has an overload View(string, object)

Then it selects the one with object for example in some cases

also I used to be able to call that view method in a ruby subclass of
Controller with view nil, 'layout'

but now I have to call that with with view '','layout' for it to work for
example. It  doesn't know that nil can also count as a string object.

There are a bunch of other things that are breaking for example it doesn't
like protected internals as much as it used to anymore either.

Ivan Porto Carrero
Blog: http://flanders.co.nz
Twitter: http://twitter.com/casualjim