[Ironruby-core] What would you like to see for a 1.0?

Ryan Riley ryan.riley at panesofglass.org
Wed Jul 29 20:30:42 EDT 2009

This is getting into more .NET 4.0, but samples on:

   1. Using MEF<http://codebetter.com/blogs/glenn.block/archive/2008/12/22/mef-ruby-and-the-machinations-of-nicholas-blumhardt.aspx>on
something more substantial than very basic stuff would be nice. For
   instance, could you write a component in Rails or Ramaze to be composed into
   an ASP.NET WebForms view or IronRuby as a terrific language for writing
   plugins. (I want to get on this soon myself, so maybe I can pitch in.)
   2. Using the Reactive
Framework<http://channel9.msdn.com/shows/Going+Deep/Expert-to-Expert-Brian-Beckman-and-Erik-Meijer-Inside-the-NET-Reactive-Framework-Rx/>in
Silverlight with IronRuby would be another one. That involves generics
   and some .NET functional goodness.

I suppose I'm sort of looking to the future of .NET, but with IronRuby
launching along with .NET 4.0, we might as well ease entry by showing how
Ruby makes things even easier and still lets you play with the new stuff.

Ryan Riley
ryan.riley at panesofglass.org
http://panesofglass.org/
http://wizardsofsmart.net/