[Ironruby-core] What would you like to see for a 1.0?

Daniele Alessandri suppakilla at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 09:31:34 EDT 2009

Hi Ivan,

1. +1
2. +1
3. +0

As for the third point, it is not that I would not like to have a
performance-friendly IronRuby ASAP but I don't see this one as a
binding prerequisite for a 1.0 release, even more so if compared to
the rest. Having said that, OK for performances tweaks, but massive
works on speed to eventually surpass MRI 1.8.6 should be postponed
after IronRuby hits the 1.0 milestone, IMHO.

PS: equal performance as 1.8.6 != performance friendly, in fact :-)

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 11:03, Ivan Porto Carrero<ivan at flanders.co.nz> wrote:
> For me to be a 1.0 release I'd have to put the following things forward.
> 1. Events on interfaces + abstract classes (a big pull is the testing that
> ruby has to offer and many people now have the DI stuff in place so loads of
> these things are now on interfaces)
> 2. Passing the same amount or more specs from RubySpec as ruby  1.8.6  does.
> 3. Be of equal or better performance as ruby 1.8.6
> Nice to have:
> compatibility with C# operators etc as this isn't 100% right now.
> ---
> Ivan Porto Carrero
> Blog: http://flanders.co.nz
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/casualjim