[Ironruby-core] What is the status for providing support for Attributes?

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Tue Jul 28 23:08:45 EDT 2009

No, .NET Attributes are not planned for 1.0. IronPython 2.6 does not support it either, though they have a low level hook that could allow it to be implemented. I understant this blocks the usage of any frameworks which depend on Attributes (WCF), but in the grand scheme of .NET interop they are a feature that can wait until after 1.0.

If you disagree, please let us know; I'd really like all of you to agree that IronRuby is in a 1.0 state, not just the people who have @microsoft in their email addresses.