[Ironruby-core] IronRuby 0.6 and Rails

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Tue Jul 14 15:12:34 EDT 2009

Have you read the documentation on how to get IronRuby running Rails?
http://ironruby.net/Documentation/Real_Ruby_Applications/Rails

Here's the relevant info:
8. Rails by default uses UTF-8 encoding, but IronRuby has issues when mixing this encoding with UTF-8 strings from .NET. For now, you can disable encoding by removing the method body of Rails::Initializer#initialize_encoding in rails-2.3.2\lib\initializer.rb.