[Ironruby-core] IronRuby + Sinatra isn't working for me

Mark Wilkins wilkins.mark at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 12:52:41 EDT 2009

After finally watching John Lam's PDC presentation, I thought I'd take
my IronRuby a step farther and try using it to run Sinatra.  I've used
Sinatra a bit with MRI, but the behavior I'm getting with IronRuby
seems a bit odd.

Here's what's currently installed on my machine:
Sinatra 0.9.2 (installed via igem install)

so, given a simple app like:
require 'rubygems'
require 'sinatra'

get '/' do

and from the command line, running:
$ ir myapp.rb

rather than getting the expected, "==Sinatra has taken the stage...", I get:

$ir -v myapp.rb
IronRuby on .NET

and there is no server running at localhost:4567.

Anyone have any ideas?