[Ironruby-core] Basic interoperability question

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Wed Jul 1 04:08:08 EDT 2009

Should require 'mscorlib' not be needed though? Does the first reference to "System" do this automatically? JRuby requires that you do "require 'java'" to get at any Java classes, and I'm not what the benefit to doing it implicitly is. IronPython also has the "import clr" requirement, so what to people thing about the lack of a signal as to whether a IronRuby script uses .NET types or not?

Tomas, can you elaborate on why this is technically not needed anymore?