[Ironruby-core] progress on ironrubymvc :)

Curt Hagenlocher curth at microsoft.com
Fri Jan 30 08:51:59 EST 2009

Microsoft.Scripting.Core.dll is effectively a subset of .NET 4.0's System.Core.dll, which is why there's so much overlap in the types.  For IronPython, we've worked around this by creating an automated process to rename all the types from System.* to Microsoft.*.  But this doesn't work as well for Ruby because Ruby allows for outside contributions.  Improving this situation is of definite interest to us.

This problem goes away once .NET 4.0 ships, provided IronRuby is built against it.