[Ironruby-core] DLR hosting

Ivan Porto Carrero ivan at flanders.co.nz
Fri Jan 30 07:46:56 EST 2009

it will show that so far I've been working with instead of on IronRuby :)
And then I've been focussed on using the Ruby language and .NET from Ruby
instead of using C# to host Ironruby.
I'm using a debug build from IronRuby and the weird thing is that I have to
add ClassHierarchyLocker.

            var controllerRubyClass =
ScriptRuntime.Globals.GetVariable<RubyModule>(controllerRubyClassName);
            string controllerRubyMethodName = null;
            using (rubyContext.ClassHierarchyLocker())
            {
                controllerRubyClass.EnumerateMethods((_, symbolId, __) =>
                                                         {
                                                             if
(String.Equals(symbolId, actionName,

StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase))
                                                             {

controllerRubyMethodName = symbolId;
                                                                 return
true;
                                                             }
                                                             return false;
                                                         });
            }

The question I have here is: Why do I need the ClassHierarchyLocker ?

Cheers Ivan