[Ironruby-core] DLR Daily Builds (including IronRuby)

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Fri Jan 23 18:11:25 EST 2009

Oy, something's slightly messed up. The ir.exe.config file that is created is for a signed-version of ir.exe, but the DLR codeplex build produces unsigned binaries. We're going to be delay-signing everything, but I'm not sure why IPy is fine and IR isn't.

Make your ir.exe.config file the following, and it'll work (I just set PublicKeyToken=null anywhere it was PublicKeyToken=3..., and removed the Python/JS <language> nodes). And update your "LibraryPaths" to point to the IronRuby libraries on your machine.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
  <configSections>
    <section name="microsoft.scripting" type="Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.Configuration.Section, Microsoft.Scripting, Version=1.0.0.5000, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" requirePermission="false" />
  </configSections>

  <microsoft.scripting>
    <languages>
      <language names="IronRuby;Ruby;rb" extensions=".rb" displayName="IronRuby 1.0 Alpha" type="IronRuby.Runtime.RubyContext, IronRuby, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" />
    </languages>
    <options>
      <set language="Ruby" option="LibraryPaths" value="..\..\Languages\Ruby\libs\;..\..\..\External\Languages\Ruby\ruby-1.8.6\lib\ruby\site_ruby\1.8\;..\..\..\External\Languages\Ruby\ruby-1.8.6\lib\ruby\site_ruby\;..\..\..\External\Languages\Ruby\ruby-1.8.6\lib\ruby\1.8\" />
    </options>
  </microsoft.scripting>
</configuration>

~js