[Ironruby-core] Building IronRuby

Justin Bailey jgbailey at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 19:45:08 EST 2009

I've just gotten the latest ironruby bits from github and cannot
build. Using Merlin\Main\Languagues\Ruby\IronRuby.sln:

  * Can't open the Microsoft.Scripting project because it imports from
"Merlin\Main\Support\SpecSharp.targets" which is not in the repo.
  * Cryptographic failures when building because
"Support\MSSharedLibKey.snk" does not exist.

Removing the import statement from
and creating a fake SNK file in the appropriate directory lets me get
further, but I still can't build:

  * 'IronRuby.Compiler.Methods' is inaccessible due to its protection
leve Merlin\Main\Languages\Ruby\ClassInitGenerator\ReflectionCacheGenerator.cs	29	77

  * 'IronRuby.Runtime.Calls.BlockDispatcher' does not contain a
definition for 'MaxBlockArity'	Merlin\Main\Languages\Ruby\ClassInitGenerator\ReflectionCacheGenerator.cs	102	59

Basically a bunch of internal definitions look like they should be
public. Am I missing something or did a bad commit slip through?