[Ironruby-core] TypeError maps to System.InvalidOperationException?

Shri Borde Shri.Borde at microsoft.com
Wed Jan 21 19:47:29 EST 2009

We map Ruby's TypeError to System.InvalidOperationException. This surprised me. I would have expected TypeError to map to System.InvalidCastException. Wouldn't that be preferable?

In general, it would be good to document on http://www.ironruby.net/Documentation/CLR_Interop/Specification the exact mapping of the entire Ruby exception hierarchy to the equivalent .NET exception types. This will be useful documentation, especially for apps that host IronRuby scripts, and we can also do a brief review and potentially tweak the mapping. I have added a table at the bottom of the page which is half filled in.

Thanks,
Shri