[Ironruby-core] General setup questions

Michael Letterle michael.letterle at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 09:26:22 EST 2009

IronRuby itself is (or will be) a complete ruby implementation.  You do not
need to have CRuby installed.  You can use an existing ruby installation to
build IronRuby using rake, as you are building via Visual Studio you do not
require this.

As for the last part, I'm not sure what issues you are referring to, I do
most of my day to day ruby via cygwin, I also have win32 Ruby (via the
one-click installer) for testing the rakefile for IronRuby..

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 11:14 PM, Timothy Moriarty <lists at ruby-forum.com>wrote:

> Hello all,
> I am venturing into the wide world of Ruby and IronRuby.  I have the
> IronRuby source code setup and building thanks to Ben Hall and some
> clarifications from this forum.  I am building via Visual Studio.
> Currently, I am able to do some .Net interop.  Right now, I am a little
> confused on how or if Ruby interacts with IronRuby.  Do I need to
> install Ruby in a specific location?  Are there any settings I need to
> set?  And if so which ones and where?  And finally, I want to verify
> whether there are issues with Windows Ruby and Ruby install via cygwin?
> Thanks,
> Tim
> --

Michael Letterle