[Ironruby-core] General setup questions

Timothy Moriarty lists at ruby-forum.com
Sun Jan 11 23:14:49 EST 2009

Hello all,

I am venturing into the wide world of Ruby and IronRuby.  I have the
IronRuby source code setup and building thanks to Ben Hall and some
clarifications from this forum.  I am building via Visual Studio.
Currently, I am able to do some .Net interop.  Right now, I am a little
confused on how or if Ruby interacts with IronRuby.  Do I need to
install Ruby in a specific location?  Are there any settings I need to
set?  And if so which ones and where?  And finally, I want to verify
whether there are issues with Windows Ruby and Ruby install via cygwin?

Thanks,

Tim