[Ironruby-core] Code Review: Issues with Thread#kill and raising exception from ensure clause

Tomas Matousek Tomas.Matousek at microsoft.com
Fri Jan 9 19:33:41 EST 2009

Are any methods in RubyOps Exceptions #region (including those added by this shelveset) emitted to IL? If not they should rather be in RubyUtils class.

On the other hand, SourceUnitTree.CheckForAsyncRaiseViaThreadAbortshould should be marked as [Emitted], be in RubyOps.cs and SourceUnitTree.GenerateCheckForAsyncException should use Methods.CheckForAsyncRaiseViaThreadAbort to get the method.

Could we add a public helper that calls thread.Abort(new ThreadExitMarker()); move the private ThreadExitMarker class and IsRubyThreadExit to RubyUtils? Then we won't need to duplicate the marker class in ThreadOps?

Other than that, looks good.

Tomas