[Ironruby-core] Compiling .rb files vs. embedding and hosting ?

Thibaut Barrère thibaut.barrere at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 05:33:46 EST 2009

Hello,
I'm starting to integrate IronRuby files into a VisualStudio C# project,
mainly to write easy-to-maintain GUI builders.

As I don't want to have .rb files lying around this deployment, I had that
idea about embedding all the files inside an assembly, loading them at run
time through resource manager and passing them to the IronRuby host I would
start from C#.

While that would work, it would be even simplier to have these .rb files
compiled to some assembly.

Is there a trick to compile a bunch of .rb files to an assembly today ?

thanks!

-- Thibaut