[Ironruby-core] ScratchPad versus Channel in RubySpec

Jim Deville jdeville at microsoft.com
Wed Jan 7 15:07:32 EST 2009

K, ScratchPad clear: MSpec doesn't provide any contracts. It is up to the user to clear his own state. This also allows for a test to use ScratchPad across multiple examples. ScratchPad is only meant to be a formalized global variable.

Channel is actually a part of Rubinius's standard library (IIRC). Ideally, the tests don't rely on anything more than basic language features, so we should try to keep usage of Standard Library to a minimum. I only use stdlib's that are required for MSpec's runner, such as FileUtils.

JD