[Ironruby-core] compliant_on(:ruby) in RubySpecs

Shri Borde Shri.Borde at microsoft.com
Wed Jan 7 14:38:40 EST 2009

I see the point of having all the information within the specs. It is useful to read a spec and to be able to know how other implementations behave (assuming the implementation is solid enough as to not cause a huge number of usages of not_compliant_on in the test code base).

However, I think compliant_on(:ruby, :ir) for example should be replaced with not_compliant_on(:jruby, :rubinius). That is, only opt-out should be supported, not opt-in. Otherwise, other implementations may not run the test even if they support that functionality.