[Ironruby-core] IronRuby and VS2010

Ben Hall ben2004uk at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 4 08:41:44 EST 2009

I've just been playing around with IronRuby and VS2010.  If I
understand the situation correctly, Microsoft.Scripting.Core has been
integrated into .Net 4.0, leaving Microsoft.Scripting to hold the Ast
and the Hosting API?

Because of this, you can only use a particular build of IronPython
 As a result, you can't use IronRuby yet because there isn't an
assiocated build using the same DLR engine?

This seems quite a strong dependency between .Net and the DLR.  Only
allowing particular builds of the langauge to work against a
particular version of the framework sounds like it will be a nightmare
to manage. Are we going to be in the position where we have a
Community\Bleeding Edge Build and .Net framework build?

Is this going to change in the next beta \ CTP?