[Ironruby-core] A tiny DSL to build Windows::Forms menus from IronRuby - review wanted

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Fri Feb 27 17:48:33 EST 2009

Awesome stuff! If you make this into its own github project, I can add it to http://github.com/ironruby/ironruby-contrib as a submodule. That'll force me to keep it updated =)

From: ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org [mailto:ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org] On Behalf Of Thibaut Barrère
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2009 2:46 PM
To: ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
Subject: Re: [Ironruby-core] A tiny DSL to build Windows::Forms menus from IronRuby - review wanted

After chatting with Ivan, I created some code to build Forms too:

form = Magic.build do

  form(:text => "Hello") do

    flow_layout_panel(:dock => DockStyle.fill) do

      button(:text => "Click me!", :click => lambda { MessageBox.Show("Hello") })

      button(:text => "Quit", :click => lambda { Application.Exit })

I use method_missing and transform the method name from flow_layout_panel to FlowLayoutPanel class etc.

After using these a bit, I'm pretty sure we'll end up with some community project sharing that kind of stuff, at some point.

Nb: I hope it's not OT for the core list - or is it time to create a user group ?

-- Thibaut