[Ironruby-core] Code Review: numeric types

Tomas Matousek Tomas.Matousek at microsoft.com
Thu Feb 26 16:07:42 EST 2009

Looks good.

Tomas

-----Original Message-----
From: Shri Borde
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 11:55 AM
To: IronRuby External Code Reviewers
Cc: ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
Subject: Code Review: numeric types

  tfpt review "/shelveset:num;REDMOND\sborde"

  Comment  :
  Fixnum + Bignum should yield a Bignum, not a Float. This was causing complex/denominator_spec to fail as Bignum was monkey-patched and not Float. A different return type affects whether the monkey-patched method is visible or not. Also changed fixnum/plus_spec to check for the result type.
  BigDecimal coercing works a bit differently. So added a protocol for that.
  Small change to the MSpec eql guard to show the type of actual and expected values since the inspect string itself can be identical.

Tomas, I had added tests for Enumerable#each_cons each_slice. Let me know if you want to grab them since you are working on the fix. Else, I can check it in with tags (will need to move it from library/enumerator to core/enumerable).