[Ironruby-core] Getting started in VB?

Mr X enterprises lists at ruby-forum.com
Thu Feb 26 00:12:31 EST 2009

I'd like to use IronRuby to make some applications extensible, but I'm
having some problems getting started:

Here's code I run when you click a button:

runtime = ScriptRuntime.CreateFromConfiguration()
runtime.ExecuteFile("MyController.rb")
Dim engine As ScriptEngine = runtime.GetEngine("Ruby")
Dim code As String
code = String.Format("{0}.new.method :{1}", "MyController", "do_foo")
Dim action As ScriptSource = engine.CreateScriptSourceFromString(code)
Dim result As Object

result = engine.Operations.Call(action, 1, 2)
'^I get an exception saying: The method or operation is not implemented.

Me.TextBox1.Text = result.ToString()

Here is the ruby code:

class MyController
  def do_foo a, b
    puts a, b
  end
end

I've tried googleing the problem but I can't find any good tutorials.

Any help?