[Ironruby-core] Attributes

Orion Edwards orion.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 20:18:06 EST 2009

Fair enough:
Here's my thoughts on what such a thing might look like:

module IMyService
    clr_attribute ServiceContractAttribute.new("blah")

    clr_attribute OperationContractAttribute.new, :on => "SomeMethod"
    def SomeMethod; end
end

Could also have similar methods which map from string to ClassName at
runtime

clr_attr "ServiceContract"
clr_attr "OperationContract", :on => "SomeMethod"

Could also implement named parameters eg

clr_attr "ServiceContract", :name => "MyFancyContract"
clr_attr "OperationContract", :name => "CoolOperation", :on => "SomeMethod"

Hope this helps inspire :-)