[Ironruby-core] Debugging rubyspecs

Shri Borde Shri.Borde at microsoft.com
Wed Feb 18 12:58:51 EST 2009

Here is what I added to http://wiki.github.com/ironruby/ironruby. This works pretty well for me. If the paths are incorrect, feel free to update the wiki.

Debugging with Visual Studio
In the Debug tab of the Project properties for Ruby.Console.csproj, set the fields as follows:

 *   Start Action: For Ruby.Console.csproj, "Start project" should be enabled.
For any other project, "Start external program:" should be enabled and set to "c:\vsl\Merlin\Main\Bin\Debug\ir.exe"

 *   Start Options: "Command line arguments" should be set to the following for running the "supports /i for ignoring case" example of string\gsub_spec.rb:
-v -X:Interpret c:/vsl/Merlin/External/Languages/IronRuby/mspec/mspec/bin/mspec-run -e "supports /i for ignoring case" -fs -V -B c:/vsl/Merlin/External/Languages/IronRuby/mspec/default.mspec c:/vsl/Merlin/External/Languages/IronRuby/mspec/rubyspec/1.8/core/string/gsub_spec.rb
Hitting F5 should now run the single RubySpec example under VS

Thanks,
Shri