[Ironruby-core] Debugging rubyspecs

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Wed Feb 18 11:51:55 EST 2009

You can pass the spec file to mspec itself like:

mspec run core/io/popen_close

Then I make a call to "debugger" http://gist.github.com/61605, which breaks on a call to System::Diagnostics::Debugger when a debugger is attached to the app. Unfortunately this breaks in a Ruby method, so you have to jump up a couple CLR frames to get to the line directly after the "debugger" call, and I'm not sure of a way how to do that automatically. Anyway, this works great.