[Ironruby-core] Throwing Exceptions defined in Ruby from C#

Pete Bacon Darwin bacondarwin at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 13 13:57:51 EST 2009

Could you not achieve the wanted effect through a kind of monkey patching?
I.E. Create the exception class in C# then redeclare it in the common.rb.
The new class in Ruby would extend the one created in C# but wouldn't change
anything if the C# one was there in the first place.  If it was there, i.e.
you were using the pure Ruby version, then it would just be creating it for
the first time.  No harm done.
Off the top of my head, I haven't thought hard about this or tried it...
There are probably issues of order declaration or something.
Pete