[Ironruby-core] RubySpec: Exceptions in before/after get lost in output

Shri Borde Shri.Borde at microsoft.com
Wed Feb 11 14:13:23 EST 2009

core/io/close_read_spec.rb does not work on my machine because it has the following code, but I don't have "cat" on my machine.

describe "IO#close_read" do

  before :each do
    @io = IO.popen 'cat', "r+"
    @path = tmp('io.close.txt')
  end

However, running it does not report any errors in the final summary. There is output indicating that something went bad, but if you run all the tests together, the output scrolls past, and you won't realize it.

c:\vsl\Merlin\External\Languages\IronRuby\mspec>c:\vsl\Merlin\Main\test\scripts\ir.cmd mspec\bin\mspec-run -fd --verbose  --excl-tag fails --excl-tag critical --config default.mspec rubyspec/core/io/close_read_spec.rb

rubyspec/core/io/close_read_spec.rb'cat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
.'cat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
.

Finished in 1.738000 seconds

1 file, 2 examples, 2 expectations, 0 failures, 0 errors

Shouldn't mspec report this as an error?

Thanks,
Shri