[Ironruby-core] How to implement a C# interface from Ruby ?

Thibaut Barrère thibaut.barrere at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 20:22:49 EST 2009

Hello again,
I'm playing around with the idea of using IronRuby to implement plugins for
a C#-based system (namely, CruiseControl.Net).

I'm having some difficulties trying to figure out what the correct syntax
for that would be. I'm currently using this to bootstrap the engine:

var reader = new StreamReader("plugin.rb");
var code = reader.ReadToEnd();
reader.Close();

var engine = IronRuby.Ruby.CreateEngine();
engine.Execute(code);

The code inside plugin.rb is trying to implement an existing C# interface:

public interface IDoSomething {
void HelloWorld();
}

I tried:

class Doer
  include IDoSomething

  def hello_world
    puts "hello"
  end
end

but it fails. What would be the correct syntax for a Ruby class to implement
this ?

thanks!

-- Thibaut