[Ironruby-core] how to initialize iron ruby from c#

Meinrad Recheis meinrad.recheis at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 06:38:09 EST 2009

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 12:33 AM, Meinrad Recheis
<meinrad.recheis at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am trying to initialize an iron ruby engine for execution of code
> snipptes from a c# application. extensive googling has not helped me with
> the task because there seem to have been much changes in iron ruby lately.
> Here is my code:
>
> var runtime = Ruby.CreateRuntime();
> var engine = m_runtime.GetEngine("IronRuby"); // <---
> InvalidImplementationException is thrown here
>
> This is the inner exception.
>
> {"Could not load file or assembly 'IronRuby.Libraries, Version=1.0.0.0,
> Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system
> cannot find the file specified.":"IronRuby.Libraries, Version=1.0.0.0,
> Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"}
>
> This happens with the latest nightly build of DLR binaries. I did make sure
> that IronRuby.Libraries.dll is added in the References of the project but it
> still can't be loaded. Did I miss something obvious?

Hi, I found the cause of the error: IronRuby.Libraries.dll does not get
copied to the bin/debug location on build like the other dependencies (i.e.
IronRuby.dll, etc. ) despite the fact that they are all correctly listed as
references of the project. When I copy it manually everything works fine.
Any idea, why it is not copied automatically?
Cheers,
-- henon