[Ironruby-core] how to initialize iron ruby from c#

Meinrad Recheis meinrad.recheis at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 18:33:54 EST 2009

Hi there,

I am trying to initialize an iron ruby engine for execution of code snipptes
from a c# application. extensive googling has not helped me with the task
because there seem to have been much changes in iron ruby lately.
Here is my code:

var runtime = Ruby.CreateRuntime();
var engine = m_runtime.GetEngine("IronRuby"); // <---
InvalidImplementationException is thrown here

This is the inner exception.

{"Could not load file or assembly 'IronRuby.Libraries, Version=1.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system
cannot find the file specified.":"IronRuby.Libraries, Version=1.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"}

This happens with the latest nightly build of DLR binaries. I did make sure
that IronRuby.Libraries.dll is added in the References of the project but it
still can't be loaded. Did I miss something obvious?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
-- Henon