[Ironruby-core] Compiling Ruby classes to assemblies for use with Unity3D (which uses Mono 1.2.4)

Asfand Yar Qazi ayqazi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 06:24:37 EST 2009

Hi,

I want to be able to use Ruby code in the Unity3D game engine, which
embeds GNU Mono 1.2.4 to provide support for various languages (a
ECMAScript-based language, Boo, and C# - they don't upgrade the
ancient Mono version to keep compatibility with games designed for
older versions of Unity3D).

Forgive my use of terminology, I'm new to this .NET/Mono malarky :)

I was told that I can product .NET 2 assemblies, plug them into
Unity3D, and the classes will be accessible from the other languages.

Will I be able to use IronRuby to create .NET 2 assemblies in this manner?

Sorry for asking here, but the Unity3D people don't seem interested in
Ruby as much, and I just can't live without coding in BDD style in a
robust environment.

Thanks.  Regards,
     Asfand