[Ironruby-core] Code Review: utr

Jim Deville jdeville at microsoft.com
Tue Dec 8 15:25:09 EST 2009

I would like to get this reviewed by Dave or Shri before I submit if they can get to email.

JD

  tfpt review "/shelveset:utr;REDMOND\jdeville"
  Comment  :
  Unifies the test runner for Test::Unit. I've really just removed the duplication found in the various *Tests.rb files in Ruby\Tests\Scripts. I've adjusted all affected scripts:
  * irtests
  * generate_test-unit_tags.rb
  * rake.generictest
  * rubygems.generictest

  Usage of utr:
  utr testname will run the tests setup by the file testname_tests.rb, thus utr gem will run the Gem tests. Passing the -all flag will ignore the skipped tests and run all tests, this currently doesn't work for gems, but I will be removing our custom skips and going back to the monkeypatching model. Eventually, I will implement a -list flag to list all tests utr can see.