[Ironruby-core] Leveraging StdLib.Win32API class

James Leskovar lists at ruby-forum.com
Fri Dec 4 21:31:59 EST 2009

Hi Tomas,

I've been playing around with DynamicMethod and generating IL at
runtime, with varying levels of success. Currently I'm using
DynamicMethod to generate the IL to load arguments, load function
address, calli and ret. My script gets access to the DynamicMethod
object, which gets passed onto a helper CLR method along with arguments
for some basic marshalling, before being passed onto

I've noticed though that calling .Invoke() in this manner is a magnitude
times slower than using the equivalant Win32API code. I figure I'm meant
to use CreateDelegate instead of Invoke, though I'm not sure how this is
meant to work since CreateDelegate expects a delegate type, whose
signature isn't known until runtime.